Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

~~Life is Good~~

I wish I had something exciting to share but I've got nothing. Just run of the mill life stuff like spending most of my energy on work and coping with the seasonal health issues as best I can. Last couple of weeks haven't been very picturesque, let me tell you...

...few not so exciting things...

:: I know people including me out here in Delhi have been feeling summer-grilled lately. I think we should now stop claiming that we are a country of seasons but long humid summers, irregular humid rains, and short but bone-chilling winters. I think they're just not subtle anymore. As of now, I'm enjoying the cool evenings, even if the soothing weather is slow to catch up. I've been managing to survive the brutal heat of day-time with loads of lassi, chhaach, juices, water, and lot more of water (not cold water as it doesn't suit me). Yeah! You got that right. It should not be cold, no matter how scorching hot the Sun is! I've also started avoiding AC, as my body has started showing up the signs of cervical. I find it bothering me more when in AC. Phew!  Adding onto the problem...are these seating jobs...As I always say...Such jobs are the biggest enemies of health! I'm normally loathe to give up summer, but this year's heat wave literally killed me, and now I'm grasping at any hint of chill in the air even if it would mean to go through a strange kind of depression that I usually face in winters only. 

:: Okay, just like past few weeks, I've been able to spend only a little time home this week, apart from the sick leave.  Most of our time is consumed by the never-ending shopping spree. Seriously, it feels like it would never end! Wow...a never ending shopping spree...just love it every time!! The only thing that bothers us is...our Sun-tanned skin. You see, we get no time to pamper ourselves, which is equally important to be done. I’m always seeking out some free time, be it in office, or at home, free time to do nothing; not even pampering myself...but just nothing! 

:: Moreover, I've been constantly hogging fast food and sweets and all kinds of fatty food....Fried chicken momozzzz (yummmmm...), pizza (drooool....), cheese bread (heaven’s delight.....), kebabs, tikkaazz, chips (countless packets), cookies, wafers, chocolates, cup-cakes, sweets........... Just name it! All thanks to the pre-marriage rituals involving sweets at every step! Our refrigerator is full of sweets these days.  Also, when you have all these yummy things in front of you, you have to respect them!! Won’t you?? I don't even mind doing it, as long as I don't put on weight. But when it comes to healthy food in lunch, my hunger dies within a fraction of seconds. That’s not good!! 

:: It seems like I've started basing my eating habits against the approaching weather. Don’t remember how and when I developed this strange habit of savoring ice-cubes, ice-crumbs, and every other form of ice. I know it’s not good for my health, especially in this changing weather; still I’m drawn to the refrigerator like a moth is drawn to a flame; and that’s the reason behind my daily dose of scolding from mommy (which is always received graciously by me, it’s so full of love!). Despite that, I manage to get my hands on ice occasionally. Love that taste...mmmm...bliss!! 

:: Office, as usual, is beating the hell out of my mental peace. Haahahahaaa... not really ... just kidding...!! These days are few peaceful ones from a teeny-weeny annual lot of happy days. I can say this as I've completed my first year working for this Government organization. Rare are these happy and peaceful days! But next two weeks are going to be fully packed with work. This is the story of the first two weeks of every month. Anyway! To have a peaceful life, we should leave the office stuff at office only. You leave office for the day; you leave all its tensions at its gate only. That’s the key to a happy life on the personal front.  I do the same. At least, I try. Do you?? If not, give it a try tomorrow..........You’ll feel great!!

**************************

~~~Leaving you beautiful people with a quote as beautiful~~~:

~~~It's often life's smallest pleasures and gentlest joys that make the biggest and most lasting difference.~~~  
~ Unknown

**************************


No comments: