Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

˙·٠• Creating Yourself •٠·˙

"Hey dear life...Where have you been hiding?
My heart has been running to chase you!
My first quest, dear life, is you...Yeah..it's you!
Please apprise me of what's it like to be far from me.
Here I'm standing anxious to have a glance at you!"

( few lines born from yesterday's  boredom. . .)
      

I'm supposed to attend my "In-Service Training" this entire week. Well that's not my concern. My concern is to attend every session attentively. Yes, being attentive! Trust me; that really gets difficult sometimes, or most of the times. The concern, that ends on futile trials. That's not because I'm reluctant towards learning; I'm a learner for life, you see! But, going through the same lessons again and again is really boring, and tiring as well. The training so far is seeming no different than the orientation training that we went through in the first month of our service; it's kind of a repetition this time. 

So, what does one should do to kill time in that scenario? Or I should say, what we actually do in that case? I know our answers are all same, wink! We mostly daydream, yawn, sleep with open eyes, draw lines and circles in our notebooks, check time on our cellphones, wait for the break, and pretend to be a keen listener. Right? 

In the midst of this boredom, I came across a quote on one of the social networking websites. It was:

"Life is not about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself."

Creating yourself! 
That definitely is the aim of each one of us. But how, when, and where do we start? 

I remember this beautiful Hindi song that we've grown up hearing. . . 

                   ~~~~~~
"Papa kehte hai bada naam karega...
Beta humara aisa kaam karega...
Magar ye toh, koi naa jaane...
ki meri manzil hai kahaan..."
                   ~~~~~~

Yeah! This song is about creating ourselves. What shape do we take, is decided by the path chosen by us.

So what is "Creating yourself"? I think, it's not totally about owing a big name in the world, a big house, big cars, or a luxurious lifestyle. It's actually about being an individual who is full of happiness and contentment.. No doubt the above mentioned things are desired by all of us as they help us meeting that contentment and happiness in life to some extent. Not being materialistic, that's a fact! 

To achieve it all, we start with studying hard since childhood. One of life's beautiful phase flies by in understanding it's meaning. Half of the youth goes away in giving life a direction; finding a desired job takes away the whole of it. In this journey of achieving something, we lose the sight of our destiny- A LIFE TO BE CHERISHED! Then, erasing the difference of day and night, we push all our limits and burn ourselves in the fire of  hard work. In the long run, a time arrives when we forget the actual purpose behind it; which was. . . to live a happy and content life. . . to enjoy life. I guess, that's why we were born!

We often tend to forget that our internal happiness is not dependent on materialistic things.

I think we all are aware of what is capable of giving us that eternal happiness. . .Yes, that is. . . LOVE of the dear and near ones; spending time with them; making MEMORIES with them. 

And, we don't need to be a millionaire for that! Do we? 

Life and Happiness are bound to time, and time, my friend, is bound to pass. So, make the best use of it. Not only by adding on to your achievements, but also CELEBRATING this beautiful gift of life. 

Remember. . . We won't get another one!☺


No comments: